You don’t need much gear (or a PhD) to start calling yourself a mixologist. Here we list some necessities and niceties to get you going.
- Infusing vessels – glass is a must. Some good choices are mason jars and milk bottles. You can recycle any kind of glass jars for infusing as long as they have tight-fitting lids.
- Mesh strainer
- Jigger, measuring cups, measuring spoons
- Cocktail shaker
- Eyedropper bottle
- Cocktail stirrers/swizzle sticks
- Martini glasses, tall shot glasses, highball glasses for serving (you are going to share, right?)
- Funnels for precision pouring
- Juicer and/or citrus reamer
- Mortar and pestle for crushing herbs and spices
- Soda maker (we love our Soda Stream)